Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Couch to 5K

I downloaded a C25K app on the weekend and wanted to start it on Monday. Monday it poured rain all day AND I had a terrible headache most of the day. So that no work. Yesterday I didn't get around to it.
Finally today Xander and I got off our butts and did the first workout. Well, most of it. I had to skip the last 2 intervals because I wanted to die and didn't want to vomit in the middle of my quaint little street in front of all my neighbors. It is .85 miles from my door to the end of the street and back again, so that's what we did. The last intervals I just walked. I thought maybe Xander would hinder my progress but it was just the opposite. He was an enthusiastic partner, throwing out lots of encouragement and praise. "We're doing great, aren't we, Mommy? Running is so fun, right? Look there's the stop sign, we made it, we are great runners!" My own personal little cheerleader. It's a 3x/week program and I work all weekend so I guess we'll do it again tomorrow and Friday. Next time I will dress more appropriately. Today I just wanted to get that first step out the door out of the way before I lost my nerve and decided that being fat and unhealthy is fine, let's make cookies! So I was wearing jeans and sweatshirt and these comfy cloth boots that might as well be house shoes. Yeah. So tomorrow we'll wear sneakers and workout duds.

No comments:

Post a Comment