Wednesday, December 19, 2012

accountability check in

Got up an hour early and exercised. I guess that's what I was doing. There are so many exercise programs and moves and stuff online that it's overwhelming. I guess I will go through some today and make a plan instead of random flailing and jumping jacks. I also drank my water. Now I'm having coffee with fat free half & half, no sugar. I'm not swearing off sugar entirely, at least not right now. But I can't help thinking that starting my day with a huge dose of sugar every day just can't be good for me. And as for the coffee,well, I need that to live,sooo...
Just for reference, this is me. I'm at my highest weight ever, including the day before I delivered any of my babies. (181 pounds)
I don't think I look horrible or anything. I don't think weight is an indicator of health, either. When I was at my lowest weight I was the most unhealthy I've ever been. Unhappiest, too. I think my goal here, more than a number on a scale, is just simply feeling better. I feel like a lump of crap most days and that has nothing to do with my weight and everything to do with how I'm fueling my body (hint: not very well!) and how much I move (not very much). Weight is secondary and I'm not gonna get bogged down in it. Matter of fact, I'm not going to weigh but once a month and only because I just have to know.
So we talked about sugar a little bit, and coffee (you can't have it, stop asking). I don't know when I will be able to part with wine. I have a glass of wine every night. Maybe I won't have to part with wine? I've read that wine is good for you in some ways, in moderation. But yeah, sugar is a problem, along with wheat and most other grains.
Goals for today: no wheat, no mindless sugar consumption,research beginner at-home exercise

No comments:

Post a Comment